Thursday, February 21, 2008

Stefan Sagmeister



I watched the TED talk with Stefan Sagmeister, where he is discussing how design can make you happy.  Watching Sagmeister really made me for one believe that yes,  in fact design had made him happy.  Then actually looking up Sagmeister's website and viewing some of his work or the work he has directed, in a strange sense, it made me happy.  It just felt happy.  With the text he uses and the fonts, they just seemed, well, happy. The chicken with it's head cut off photo, that says "HURRY" made me laugh because even though indeed it is a decapitated chicken, Sagmeister captures a gleefulness about this notion.  We all at one point have run around hurrying like a chicken with it's head cut off, actually seeing a visual reminds me of how silly it all really is.

No comments: