Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Exhibition Visit # 3-MOPA

The third exhibition that I attended was at The Museum of Photographic Arts (MOPA) in Balboa Park, San Diego, CA.  Some artists and works that really caught my attention were Masumi Hayashi, and her "The Saint and the Market Place" in the Meenakshi Temple, in India 2002.  This was a chromogenic print, and the colors were simply amazing.  It is hard to captivate someone with color, but Hayashi achieved it with this print.  Her use of collage in her work also made the piece stand out.  Secondly I really liked Neil Folberg.  His ability to capture a feeling with his work was great.  The mist on his photo, "Sacred Lake near the Temple of Amon, Egypt" really gave a feeling of peaceful eeriness.  The contrast in his pieces made his work really breathtaking.  Although I couldn't find online pictures of the photos i liked the best, I did wan to post some of the additional pieces by the artists I really liked.

The collage picture is by Masumi Hayashi and is of the Big D Campground in Ohio.
The black and white picture is by Neil Folberg and is titled "Olive Tree" 

No comments: