Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Collier Schorr

After watching the video on Collier Schorr, I started to take a greater look at what my subjects actually were and how they apply to me.  Exposing this hidden side.  Schorr photographs teenage boys on wrestling teams, she says for many reasons including because she was expressing how it would have been if she were a boy.  This brought up a range of emotions for me.  It brought me back to high school where I didn't always fit in.  If i could have been a boy on the wrestling team, maybe I would have.  Schorr's exploration into the gambit of emotions from the wrestlers perspective is dead on.  Having dated a wrestler in high school and being involved with every facet of the sport, I got to see the extreme highs, the severe lows and everything in between.  The dedication that the sport entails; the sweat, blood, tears, exhaustion are commonplace which Schorr captures beautifully.

No comments: